Terms & Conditions
Making a purchase from the shop.recabuk.com website couldn't be easier. Just browse our online catalogue by 'Categories' or 'Manufacturers' and add items to your cart. After you have finished your selection, click on "View Cart" and then checkout where you will be asked for the few details that we need to be able to satisfy your order.
Each products stock information is clearly indicated
both on the product page and during checkout. If you purchase a product which is either 'awaiting stock' or 'ordered on request' we will endeavor to fulfill your order as soon as possible. However, if in the exceptional circumstance that we take your order for an item, but run out of stock prior to your order being dispatched (for example - due to a stock error)
we will backorder for you. In such a case, we will also email you with the delivery time scales with an option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
- PRICES/PAYMENT: We trade in sterling (GBP). Any figures shown on the website in other currencies are for guidance only. Check with your debit/credit card issuer for their rates and fees for international transactions.
We accept Visa (including Visa Electron), Solo, Maestro (Switch) and MasterCard.
Payments are usually processed prior to despatch - however if an order includes something that requires to be ordered in from our supplier, we will process the payment at that time.
- TAX CHARGES: All prices include VAT at 20.0% (VAT changed from 17.5% to 20.0% in the UK on January 4th 2011). UK customers will be charged VAT irrespective if they enter a valid VAT number for their billing address. EU customers who enter a valid VAT number for their billing address will not be charged VAT. Non EU customers will not be charged VAT
Our UK VAT registration number is GB384322649.
Any other taxes or import duties will be the responsibility of the purchaser. The purchaser is the importer or introducer to their destination and is responsible for all declarations of import to responsible authorities in the country of delivery and responsible for all copy taxes, levies, royalties, performers rights fees or special duty payments on all products ordered on this web site, from the United Kingdom.
- SHIPPING/HANDLING: The website displays shipping options proportionate to the weight of your order and the region in which you say you live during checkout. Refer to the customer service page for further details on supported shipping destinations.
You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchased.
- DELIVERY ADDRESS:
You must ensure the address and postcode entered during checkout is correct , further delivery costs will be incurred if the address supplied is in-correct and the delivery cannot be completed. Items returned to us as "un-deliverable" by our couriers will not be re-dispatched until extra postage costs have been paid in full. It is the buyers responsibility to provide an address suitable for delivery where the item can be checked and signed for. A signature given at the address supplied by the buyer will be taken as proof of delivery. You should ensure that the item can be successfully delivered and signed for at the address you have supplied.
- CREDIT CARD SECURITY: Our online credit card transactions are handled securely by a specialized payment processor (PROTX). They comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) and are externally audited in this respect. Recab UK do not see your credit card information.
- CANCELLING AN ORDER - CUSTOMER: Under the EC Distance Selling Directive, non business customers have the right to cancel the contract for their purchase within 7 working days commencing the day after the date that the items were delivered. You do not need to give us any reason for canceling your contract, nor will you have to pay any penalty. You cannot cancel your contract if the goods you have ordered are computer software, and you have taken these items out of the sealed packages in which they were delivered to you.
Customers are required to follow the returns process as detailed on the customer service page. Package the items securely and send them to us with the invoice within 7 working days commencing the day after the date that the items were delivered. We recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. Note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error. When we receive the goods with the notice of your cancellation of this order, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item.
Once you have notified us that you are canceling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order, provided that the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you (goods must be returned in their original anti static packaging if applicable). If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
- CANCELLING AN ORDER - RECAB UK: We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:-
a) Recab UK do have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered
b) Recab UK do not deliver to your area
c) One or more of the goods you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and we will re-credit your account with any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- DELIVERY SCHEDULE: Your order will normally be dispatched the same day if we receive it before 12pm UK time Monday to Friday with the exception of English public holidays, providing the products ordered are in stock. Customers in the Highlands of Scotland may find that their deliveries take one extra working day to arrive. Note that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities which may increase delivery time.
- WARRANTY: All of our products carry a minimum of 1 year's warranty against failure and defects under reasonable operating conditions. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- TERMS - TRADE ACCOUNT CUSTOMERS ONLY: Punctual payment is the essence of the Contract and payment
of installments due is a condition precedent to further deliveries.
Unless otherwise stated. SETTLEMENT TERMS ARE 30 DAYS from date
of invoice. Payments remaining unpaid after 30 days will be subject
to interest at the rate of 2% per month of the value of the outstanding
balance, accruing on a daily basis from the date payment was first
due until the date or receipt of payment by the SELLER.
- INSURANCE - TRADE ACCOUNT CUSTOMERS ONLY: The PURCHASER must insure the Goods against all insurable
risks for the price due to the SELLER for the Goods. If the Goods
are destroyed by and insured risk before the PURCHASER has paid
for them the PURCHASER shall hold the insurance proceeds as the
- PROPERTY IN THE GOODS - TRADE ACCOUNT CUSTOMERS ONLY: Unless there is an express agreement
of the parties to the contrary, the property in the goods remains
with the SELLER until actual payment is received in full. Notwithstanding
anything in this clause the mere return of goods after acceptance
shall not prejudice the SELLERS rights under the contract and
shall not prevent the SELLER from claiming all sums due under
the contract from the PURCHASER and claiming such liquidated damages
as may be legitimately charged as a direct result from the goods
being returned. The PURCHASER must store the Goods separately
from any other goods, clearly identified as the SELLERS goods,
until they become the PURCHASERS property. The SELLER may trace
the proceeds of any sale of the goods that the PURCHASER receives
into any bank or other account which the PURCHASER maintains.
If the PURCHASER sells the Goods the SELLER may, by written demand,
require the PURCHASER to assign to the SELLER the PURCHASERS rights
to recover the price from its CUSTOMER. The PURCHASER must not
assign to any other person any rights arising from a sale of the
Goods without the SELLERS written consent.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The SELLER shall not be liable for failure to
fulfil his contract, or for loss or damage to the goods, or for
any delay in delivering the goods being caused by force majeure.
Force majeure to include Acts of God, such as storm tempests,
etc., or any action of Government to include Export restrictions,
confiscation's, wars, etc., an all other actions beyond the control
of the SELLER.
- INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE: The PURCHASER shall be responsible
for inspecting the goods on arrival and shall notify the SELLER
if there is any damage, discrepancy, non delivery or shortage
within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- LIABILITY: Save as is expressly provided in these conditions
the SELLER shall not be under liability to the PURCHASER in respect
of goods or any part thereof or in respect of any breach or default
by the SELLER or in any of its obligations under the contract
or otherwise in respect of any loss, damage or injury whatsoever
or howsoever caused and save the aforesaid all warranties, guarantees,
conditions and representations whether collateral hereto or otherwise
and whether express or implied by common law statute customs of
the trade or otherwise are hereby expressly included and extinguished.
This exemption shall apply for the benefit of the SELLER and it
servants and agents.
- LEGAL CONSTRUCTION: Except where otherwise stipulated in writing
the relations, arrangements and agreements between the parties
shall be governed by the LAWS OF ENGLAND save for the recover
of debts (including liquidation damages) by the SELLER. Any dispute
arising under or in relation to these terms and conditions shall
be referred to an arbitrator appointed by the Chartered Institute
of Arbitrators in accordance with the Arbitration Acts 1950-1979
and any statutory modification thereof.
Copyright © 2021 Recab UK Ltd.