Trimble's Copernicus™ II GPS receiver delivers proven performance and Trimble quality for a new generation of position-enabled products. It features the Trimble revolutionary TrimCore™ software technology for extremely fast startup times and high performance in foliage canopy and urban canyon environments.
Designed for the demands of automated, high-volume production processes, the Copernicus II module is a complete 12-channel GPS receiver in a 19mm x 19mm x 2.54mm, thumbnail-sized shielded unit. The small, thin, single-sided module is packaged in tape and reel for pick-and- place manufacturing processes; 28 reflow-solderable edge castellations provide interface to your design without costly I/O and RF connectors. Each module is manufactured and factory tested to Trimble's highest quality standards.
The Copernicus II can be supplied packaged in tape and reel for pick-and- place manufacturing process in reel sizes of 100 and 500 pieces if required.
- 3.3V for battery powered apps
- Trimble quality at low cost
- 12-channel operation
- Tape & reel packaging
- Pick & place assembly
- Reflow solderable
- Next-generation RF technology
- Only 19 mm x 19 mm x 2.54 mm!
- Highly sensitive; -160 dBm
- Low power standby mode
- TSIP, TAIP & NMEA support
- Starter kit available
- Ultra-low power: 93.9 mW (typ)
The Copernicus II is backwards compatible to the original Copernicus (part numbers 58048-00, 58048-10 and 58048-20.
- Simplified battery backup circuitry
- Increased internal LNA gain for improved passive antenna performance